gut pain
i was recently diagnosed with gastritis and gastroparesis during my last endoscopy (used to have ulcers). I have IBS-C and have been hospitalized with diverticulitis in the past. The doctor gave me a script for Reglan and walked away.I never took the Reglan, the side effects were too bad.  I went on line to find diets for both but they appear to be conflicting & am in a lot of pain trying to find out what i can eat. Needless to say the IBS has kicked in..big time. I've started going to an alternative  medicine practice trying to get some relief, answers and testing done. Does this sound familiar to anyone.
la37

This discussion is related to gastroparsis?!.
Did the doctor diagnose you with gastroparesis from an endoscopy?  If so, I would ask for a gastric emptying study because I have never heard of gastroparesis being diagnosed from an endoscopy.
yes, i have gastroparesis along with gastritis and ibs-c. the entire digesting system is inflamed, i'm in pain with no real releaf in sight. the meds i was given had too many side effects (reglan) and a muscle relaxer for the ibs, but that would make it worse. hopefully someone out there had a similar problem with a much better answer than i
All drugs can have side effects but the side effects only apply to a very small minority and even then are often very mild. Reglan can be very effective in dealing with gastrparesis as it stimualtes the gut to help food move through the system more quickly. Like most people I tool Reglan with no side effects at all. It sounds to me that your symptoms are worse than any side effect might be. Your doctor is likely to be a highly trained gastroenterologist so why not use his advice rather than asking non medical people here.
You can also get digestive enzymes which will help with digestion and they can be bought from a health food shop.
Good luck.