Gastroenterology Community
hi, i hav been diagnosed with a slow transit colon
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hi, i hav been diagnosed with a slow transit colon

I am 28 years olds, and have suffered constipation, and severe stomach pain for the last three years, I have had two colonoscopys in two years, just met a great gi doctor, who said i have a slow transit colon, he did my last colonoscopy and said my colon is twisted, and he has referred me to a colon surgeon, i am having the transit colon test with the markers, actually started that today, and my next week is another test is defacograthy, and then i meet with the surgeon on the 12th, I have tried so much stuff, it takes me between 3 weeks to 4 weeks to have a bowel movement i am miserable and i want my life back, has anyone had anything similar to this, or can give me any advice, bc i am very nervous.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  Can you please tell me more specifically what you mean by a twisted colon.  Do you take any laxatives?  What dietary changes have you made?
Blank
1754169_tn?1313016658
I have tried several laxatives, miralax, and lacy lea beau tea , nothing worked , I am not eating cheese or peanut butter , not sure about the twisted pArt I think it's more the slow transit that's causing the problems
Blank
You might want to try milk of magnesia and see if that helps.  You could also try eliminating all lactose and see if that helps.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...