inflamed small intestine??
I went to the doctor originally and was diagnosed with an intestinal blockage, have been on laxatives for 2 weeks...the pain and tenderness didn't sibside after I was "cleaned out" so I went back and all he had to say was my small instestine must be inflamed for some reason. Anyone have any ideas? I don't have any other symptoms leaning to Crohn's so I'm at a loss and sick of the pain....I'm a 28, year old female, recently turned vegetarian
What tests did the doctor do to diagnose you with intestinal blockage?
Were you constipated prior to the laxitives? And were/are you having any other symptoms?

Usually with Crohn disease you have diarrhea all the time, if you were constipated you do not have it. But you might have IBS. You really need to see a gastroenterologist, they're the only one that can help. If your doctor was concerned he would make you get some test done.
Also, I'm a fairly "regular" person. I have a BM everyday, it's just a tenderness in my abdomen, they haven't done ANY tests on me at all...
The first time I went to the ER the doctor there took an xray and said there was a bunch of fecal matter in one spot that was blocking, so they gave me a magnesium citrate laxative that didn't do anything for me except make me poop water, went to my dr two days later, he went with the ER drs diagnosis and told me to try colace and Milk of Magnesia, tried it for a week, didn't feel any better. I went back he put me on GlycoLax, it's like Miralax, I've been taking it for 2 weeks and no change. Went back 2 days ago and there is no change, told me my small intestines were inflamed but didn't know why, but there is no more blackage and told me to wait a couple more weeks. Now today, it's worse, I'm not only tender on my mid right quadrant but on my tailbone and down on the left side by my pubic bone. I'm starting to get really stressed out by this. It seems like they're all brushing me off
BUT the hard thing is I'm a vegetarian, thats like a big part of my diet, but I am a "gassy" person so I tend to stay away from veggies that give me gas....I get bloated and gas pains frequently from certain foods....
When I have a near blockage or blockage, veggies and any kind of ruffage are the worst thing I can put in my body. You should talk to your doctor about your diet because it plays a large part in IBS or IBD.
going in for a cat scan on Monday...hope its nothing bad....:(
Sounds like gastritis.

Since you're a vegan, have you been eating a lot of soy products?

I found that soy can give me a bad case of gastritis if I eat too much of it.
Might want to go off the soy products if you can and see if it clears up.

Also may want to increase your fiber intake...maybe eat some grapes or take some OTC fiber supplements.
not vegan, I'm vegetarian, :) I still use some dairy products and egg whites but yeah I do eat alot of soy products. The dr said the tenderness is right where my small intestine is....hoping the ct scan will come out clear though...but than I'm still undiagnosed. I am starting to wonder if it's my change in posture since I got my laptop?
i have inflamed intestines as well and they are aiming towards chrones but i dont have any diahrehia,i also have an acid problem with my stomach,  
Sorry if I'm a little late on commenting to this, but I've had symptoms similar to yours and I believe I may be able to help. And trust me, I know how horrible these kinds of symptoms are. I can't even eat anymore. First off, see someone who will perform a colonics, and find a good supplement containing the live probiotic lactobacillus. Read the books The Maker's Diet by Jordan S. Rubin and Natural Cures They don't Want You To Know About by Kevin Traedeu. I know it may seem like a lot of work, but there's glorious answers in all of these things. If you have questions or need more help, let me know :).
You need to see a gastro dr now.  With crohns you can have a blockage and it can be very dangerous.  I can't believe your dr has not referred you to a gartro dr.  Please do not wait.  Make an appointment.  
your small intestines can be inflamed from your ileo-cecal (sp??) valve, (that is the valve between you small and large intestines) spasming open.  It is suppose to open and close.  If it is open it allows the digested food to travel the wrong way. This valve sticks open when we have allergies to things like wheat and sugar.  Those things need to be avoided for a time.  While this is a problem, veggies aggrevate it. You can take Chlorophyl tabs, 2 , half hour before eating, avoid wheat and sugar for a time.  You can also get a product called Butyrlate plus.
well i recentally went to the hospital here in mexico the lady only feelt my stomache didnt ask me and of my  symptoms and gave me q priscription for some meds that will make me feel better so my sister in law asked her ok so whats wrong with her because whe didnt tell us just said     take the pills for like 4 or 5 days thats it so mky sister in law said hey wait why is she having wuch bad pain in her stomache and why is she always feeling tired and  feels like she needs to vomit and always disoriented the doctor just wanted us to go away she said my intestines are inflammed  and with this one medicine it will take all the symptoms away but didnt help with nothing i have sever pain in the right side of my stomache but i have never been regular on going to the bathrooom every day im lucky if i go once a week and when i do it is a bit pain full sometimes  i just need to get to the bottom of this i am so tired of feeling like this all the days and the doctors hear i feel like they do nt really care to help me but i am to the point that i cant stand the pain anymore
I am having the same issue with the runs and throwing up, I have had most of the tests and they don't show anything... My Doctor said that it is severe IBS but I had to have another scope done and he said that my small intestines were inflamed, I never get the to the point that i can not go, it is always the runs and alot of pain in the lower stomach any Idea's to help me would be great!!!