Gastroenterology Community
nausea, fatigue, right side abdominal pain

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I have been sick for the past 2 months! My symptoms first started as nausea, fatigue, diarrhea, and no appetite what-so-ever. This lasted about 1 month. I went to the ER 3 different times to be told that I was dehydrated and it was a virus. I eventually had a stool sample which came back negative and a colonoscopy which also came back negative.  My symptoms have changed a little bit. I am no longer having the diarrhea, but I am constantly feeling dizzy, out of it,  nauseous, and pain in the lower right side of my abdomen and under the right side of the rib cage, and pain in my upper back and neck. I also can hear noises in the right side of my torso, rumbling sounds. My appetite has come back a little bit, but it is no where where it should be. I was also given a CT scan and gall bladder ultra sound which both came back negative. I also just had a HIDA scan which I do not know the results of yet. I have no motivation to do anything and it is a daily struggle to get out of bed. I am afraid to go anywhere because I do not want to start feeling like this while out of my house. The doctors have suggested IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), but I just think something else is going on with me. I never have had any serious medical issues. I need help!!!! If anyone has had similar issues or has any suggestions please let me know! I am desperate and can not live like this anymore.
I also forgot to mention bloating, gas, and burping- recent symptoms as well
Maybe look up celiac disease on the internet.   Your symptoms might be related to that, but I can't say for sure.  You can try a gluten free diet (no wheat, barley, rye and possibly oats) to see if it helps - give it about 3 months.  

I hope this helps.
Thank you for your comment I will try it out!
If you need help with the diet, just leave me a message.  And let us know if it helps or doesn't help.  Good luck!
My HIDA scan just came back at 24% for my gall bladder....lower then normal but do you think gall bladder could be causing all of these issues or maybe being sick with something else caused the gall bladder to act out??
Your HIDA scan results are low....but you'll need to talk with the doctor  about that.  I believe a gallbladder problem could be causing these issues, as can other things.  If you don't mind answering this question, what color was your diarrhea (yellow, green, brown)?  Yellow and green usually point to the gallbladder - but that is not always the case.  I've seen several posts over the past few years from people suffering the same symptoms as you have had and are having.  All the tests come back negative and everyone is left scratching their heads.  It's very frustrating.   I realize I just suggested the gluten free diet to eliminate another possibility.  So that hasn't been tried yet.  I often read about yeast overgrowth and it being the cause of inflammation - I'm wondering if that is something for you to look into on the internet - if you have food intolerances like cow's milk products and/or gluten, too much sugar in the diet, carbohydrate intolerance then maybe you could be feeding a yeast problem (it's shot in the dark).  Other than that, I'm not sure what else it could be.  Maybe someone else on here will be able to help you.  But do follow up on the HIDA scan results.  If I can help you with anything or any questions, just leave a message.
My diarrhea started green and fluctuates from green to light brown. I saw a gastroenterologist today and having a EGD done tomorrow for them to rule out anything else that could be contributing to the symptoms such as the gluten that you mentioned. I hope they can figure something out in that test. I think they said the next option would be to talk about removal of the gall bladder. I will post how it goes and the results that are found. Thanks for your help!
I'm glad you are having more tests done.  Good luck!  And I will check for your posts.

Thanks for getting back to this site.
What was your diagnosis? I've been having the exact same issues. Doctors can't find anything yet. Going for a colonoscopy in 5 days. Please let me know what happened to you.