Gastroenterology Community
pain after colon surgery

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

pain after colon surgery

I had colon surgery in October 1, 2009. They removed 6 inches of my colon in the lower left quadrant and a mass about the size of a large orange.It is now Jan. 2010 and I've been in constant pain since the surgery. I went to see my surgeon and he stated that they can't medically explain what causes this discomfort. He just said that "sometimes this just happens". I need help because I am returning back to the workforce and just cant afford to be sick anymore.

This discussion is related to SEVERE PAIN AFTER COLON SURGERY.
He can't explain it because he doesn't know, or care enough to find out. You're absolutely right in not accepting this excuse. Get a second opinion and not one from anyone associated with him. My son had stomach pain after removal of his colon, his doctor told him it was scar tissue and to live with it.  He insisted something was wrong and opted for exploratory surgery, he had a large tumor attached to his aorta. and we lost him at 31.  So, I'm a big advocate for 2nd, 3rd and 4th opinions. You know your body best, and pain is an indicator of something, don't accept his lame excuse.  The medical student that graduates at the bottom of his class is still called "doctor", be pro-active with your health, ask why, how, expectations, every question imagineable. Always get a second opinion. Take care...
Was the pain sow bad after surgery you were in tears and could not sleep im going in for colun surgery