Gastroenterology Community
pain and discomfort in anal

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

pain and discomfort in anal

When I go to the bathroom it feels like im pushing a baby out, and im bleeding it feels like im being ripped, it is so painful. I've wipped with toilet paper and seen blood on it and in the toilet when done even blood clots. I just had a baby so could this be a cause of this or do I have something else. It even hurts when I have to pass gas. Im not constipated or have any stomache pain just in and around my anal. could it be hemmoriods or inside cuts. Please someone help, what can I do for this uncomfortable problem, (Dr appt not intill monday).
Avatar n tn
Could be hemmoroids (hemorrhoids). Have you had regualar bm's after the baby was born. With that I mean do you go like you usually do?
Avatar n tn
are the stools dry and hard??
may be you should drink more water??
Avatar n tn
Hey Aliva,
It could be that you have a tare in your rectum that is causing the bleeding. You should drink ALOT of water. And try eating foods to soften your stools such as rasins, prunes and so on. Stay away from bananas and rice.
Avatar n tn
yes i had reg bm's after birth,if it is hemoroids can i take over the counter medicine. last night i checked and it looks like i have a small cute in the inside, can hem's cut open? and i don't drink enough water which is bad but my stools are small and feel hard cause it hurts when i go. thanks for the response backs.
Avatar n tn
hormone level fluctuation could be a problem for women reaching menopause and women after birth,you figure the hormone level drops after childbirth.
there is also stool softener pills you can take.
Avatar n tn
I have a severe tare in my anus.It happened four days ago, I just went to the washroom and the toilet was filled with blood, the tare reopens everytime I use the washroom, is it normal to bleed so much? or should I go to the doctor and have it checked?