Gastroenterology Community
pain in left abdomen below rib cage
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

pain in left abdomen below rib cage

what are the possible causes of a occasional stabbing pain in the left abdomen beneath the rib cage
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I hope someone help because I have the same problem
Blank
I have the same problem and just had a HIDA scan and it shows 5% ejection rate which means my gall bladder isn't functioning properly. But the gall bladder is on the right and my pain is the left that shoots into the back like a direct line.
Blank
I'm having the same pain. The only thing is that I had my gallbladder removed almost 2 months ago. It could be medication related. I posted a question about this, but no one has responded. Hope you feel better. Mine felt a bit better after taking some antacids.
Blank
I take nexium everyday for heartburn and that helps with the stomach pain but not the pain to the left under my rib. It comes after I eat but does not wake me up at night.
Blank
Hmm...mine got a bit better after eating. I also chewed antacid tablets and drank some water. This gave me enough comfort to sleep last night. I woke up feeling a lot better today, with the addition of some dizziness. How long have you had the pain?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank