Gastroenterology Community
pancreatic stone

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

pancreatic stone

I was diagnosed with acute panceatitis over the summer and during an endoscopic US they found a stone inside the panceas. It was removed and that was the end of it. I do not drink alcohol but about 5 times a year or so and that is drink per time.  What would cause the stone to for
there? I understand about gallstones and sludge, but never got an explanation about the panceatic stone. I have been having those pains again-not as severe and just am wondering if I am doing something to cause it.
what would cause the stone to form there?
usualy there glaabladder stones and they migrate there from the gallbladder.
if they got it,and you still get occasional pain,,you might have sludge in your little tube connecting them together,or asnother small stone!!
dont drink,now that you have had pancreatitis,you CAN get it much easier now.
and the simple act of them going in there to retrieve that stone can cause you to have a pancreatic episode.
Ok-I'm pretty certain that the dr said it formed there, bub I cannot find anythingon the net about that. He said it was very rare