Gastroenterology Community
pelvic floor dysfunction.

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

pelvic floor dysfunction.

hello.  my wife has had gastro problems for many years, but for this past year she has been having lots of bloating problems.  she has been diagnosed with pelvic floor dysfunction at the mayo clinic in rochester minnesota.  the problem is that she is constantly bloated and in pain.  she cant sit for very long.  she has been constipated for a year now.  and nobody at any hospitals we have gone to can actually do anything about it.  has anybody had any experiences like this?  does anybody have any suggestions that i may be able to try and follow up on?  this is taking a massive tole on her life and anything can help.
If she has pelvic floor dysfunction she should be working with someone who treats that type of issue to try to resolve it. There are manipulations and exercises that can be done in some cases to try to help.
Hi , I have had the exact same problem for the past year, I have been going through tests at Mayo Clinic rochester,Mn for the past month, it's looking like my diagnosis may also be Pelvic floor dysfunction. Did your wife go through the Pelvic floor dysfunction 2 week biofeedback traing at Mayo for this? that is what they are now looking into for me. They say it has a 70-75% success rate.Please let me know if she has tried this and if so did it help. If she hasn't she should look into it.
I have been diagnosed with pelvic floor dysfunction and by Mayo and referred to the same 2 weeks program;  I have extreme bloating and have, contrary to my prior nature, become a recluse and avoided people.  
cannot stand only being able to wear "elephant" and sweat pants when I really slim and have no belly.  Am planning on doing the Mayo therapy but if it won't address the bloating I am not interested.   Please let me know if this therapy helped the bloating;