shape of stool
Hi, I am concerned about the shape of my stool. It is thin pencil shaped pellets. Its been like that for a couple of years now.

I have a problem of loose stool a few times a day since 12 years. It was bothersome but i wasn't in pain and the shape of stool was fine (when not loose). A couple of years ago, i developed yet another problem. I started getting cramps with sudden urgency to go. The cramps would subside after the bowel movement. Only a small amount is passed and it feels like there is more that wont come out. This would happen several times a day. Either the stool is loose or it is pencil shaped pellets. I don't see any bleeding in it. I don't get constipated though. I also developed annal fissure as well approx. at the same time the cramps started and was in a lot of pain because of it.

Right now the cramps and urgency are not that bad although i didnt take anything other than pepto bismal  for it. The anal fissure has healed on its own and the hemorrhoids(always have them since childhood) are better. But the shape of my stool is still pencil shaped pellets.

I was diagnosed with IBS 12 years ago. I also had parasites and docs didnt know what was wrong. I am 34 now and never had a colonoscopy done or abdominal CT scan or stool test . I told my doctor this now and she is fine with 12 year old diagnosis of IBS. I am really concerned about what could be causing my stool to be like thin pellets. Please Help!
What does your diet foods consist of on a daily basis?
Thanks for replying! I eat fruits and vegetables and meat regularly. i also avoid white bread and sugar. I eat whole wheat bread but do eat white rice and pasta. I drink milk everyday. I also try to avoid processed food. Whatever I take or eliminate, the shape of my stool is pencil shaped pellets or it is loose. I have felt the wheat bread makes me have more stomach related problems.
I would ask a different doctor. Because it could be something as simple as the IBS or it could be something much worse. And since there isn't a "test" for IBS I would ask them to rule out the more serious things. You should insist on a colonoscopy. Yeah I know they probably aren't comfortable but I would rather be safe than sorry. Especially if you are one of the few people blessed with health insurance right now. Even if you have to go from Dr. to Dr. I would if I wasn't getting better. I am recently starting on that journey myself.
Best of luck and God bless!