small intestine transplant
My sister who is 44 years old had a bowel obstruction in Oct. 08. After almost dying, she had her entire small intestine removed. Up till now, she has survived with TPN only and cannot tolerate whole foods. She wears a bag to her stoma removing the bile and found out on Friday three days ago, that her gall bladder must be removed laproscopically. Until then, she was waiting to hear from the insurance if she would be able to move forward for a 'live' small transplant or a cadaver's. Now this will be on hold as she continues to be unable to eat or drink. It's a living hell for her.
Is there any hope for her to be on a stem cell transplant list?
Please let me know your thoughts.
Thank you so much!
Her eldest sister: Michelle Teran
858-212-7021
***@****

This discussion is related to small intestine transplants.
Hey ummmm in nebraska they have the best surgents for intestinal transplant my little boy is going through that right now.... And he's only three months
There are several excellent hospitals doing successful intestinal transplants.  Google the "best transplant hospitals" or "best transplant doctors" in your area, and go from there. You need to act quickly, TPN can only be effective for two years before the liver starts to fail.  I lost my son after two years on TPN and his liver and kidneys failed.  I wish you all the best, and my thoughts and prayers are with you.