stomach stromal tumor
I am 46 yrs old. When I was 13 I was shot in the stomach...I now only have half a stomach due to the damage from the bullet. I resently I had to have 2 units of blood. My level was 5, it is now a high 8. It is dropping. My iron (all counts) were very low. I have a stromal tumor in my stomach, bleeding at the slightest touch, I also was told my stomach does not absorb iron or food. I am losing weight. I have had this tumor for years, it was benign years ago and the results show benign now. It has grown!! They don't want to remove it due to the fact it is to dangerous. Duke had said the same thing years ago. They want to monitor it. My fear is...it has grown, I am told it is hard to tell if it is cancerous, and if it isn't when will it turn, or how much is this thing going to grow? I am losing weight, in pain alot, of course tired, but what woman isn't...They are suppose to give me iron injections or iv..not sure, they are working on that appointment now...help

This discussion is related to Stromal Tumor.
There is an gistsupport.org group you may want to have a look at. They discuss treatment and clinical trials that may be of interest to you. Stromal tumors can grow and they can, in some cases, invade other organs so it's something to be aware of and to discuss with your doctor. You want to make sure that you have the very best advice possible.

Thank you, I am trying. I do want a second opinion for sure!!