Gastroenterology Community
weight lose

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

weight lose

dark clouds again, I do not drink nor smoke nor do any drug's and for 2 years I stay at the same weight 96 pounds. I eat alot and nothing. Please can some-one help me? Until I see my new Gastro Doc. thanks darkclouds.
If your having an issue gaining weight, have an MD do thyroid tests ie: Free T4 Free T3 and TSH, If you have an overactive thyroid it keeps your metabolism high, which burns off more calories then you are taking in, you would have an elevated heart rate and feel ansy, and jittery, some experience tachycardia (fast Heart Rate) you ca check this yourself by feeling around your wrist for your pulse, note wher the second hand is, then count the beats for one minute, Noral range is anywhere from 60 to 100.  Hyperthyroid is a common cause of weight loss. Good Luck  FTB4
hi, I have had a Ct scan 3d full body with and without contrast, and berman they have you drink an hour before. Every thing came back normal,was put on an acid reducer, helped the upper half, lower left above my hip hurts, I weighted 125 and I can not get back to that weight, I am 96 pounds, no nurtions(misspelled)  are going to my body for me to gain weight.Could it be enzymes? My appt. with a Gastro Doctor is not until next year, I am malnutried.(misspelled) Nothing is being absored in my body, All blood work was fine, except vitiam d3 was a 9, was put on 50,000 units 1 a week presction(misspelled) now in normal range. Can any-one make a suggestion. thanks, darkclouds My Thyorid is fine.