Gastroenterology Community
what are the symptoms of gallbladder problems?

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I have looked on line and found that most people never have any symptoms whatsoever.
My mom only remembers having a very horrible pain under her right breast.

My neighbor didn't know she had a problem until her husband found her on the bathroom floor and called 911.

Every time I eat, I get bloating, chest pains, extremely bad gas pains, back pains ( that go away after a bowel movement ) and it's generally soft to diarrhea, very smelly, and floats.
I sometimes feel as though I'm going to faint.

This is worse after eating spices or greasy foods. Even butter/margarine/peanutbutter.

The last time I fainted was AT the doctor's office. They checked my blood pressure, heart rate, and he listened to my neck on both sides. He said he didn't think it was a circulation problem.
He asked if I was being bothered by stomach issues. I told him that I've had stomach problems for years.
He sent me away for xrays on my back and neck. Blood tests for diabetes, urine tests for bladder infection, an EKG for my heart, and also tested my blood for iron levels.

All the tests came back great...except a little too low on blood sugars...but they assure me that's it's still within the " let's not get excited just yet " range. lol

A doctor ( who never ran a single test on me ) told me years ago that it was either IBS or GERD.
I have asked other doctors for tests over the years, and only one doctor did...but he performed a barium enema...which doesn't exactly look at your stomach. All that test showed was that my bowels " Quiver" when they are agitated from extreme diarrhea...after dieting and drinking that stuff to clean you out.

Anyone here have similar problems?
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptom. Possibilities that may need to be considered include dietary causes, GI/ infections inflammations, motility issues, IBS, malabsorption syndromes etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an internist or a gastroenterologist for an accurate diagnosis and suggestion of an appropriate management plan.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
I read your post and for the past two years I've  had the same symptoms. Painful bloating, painful abdominal spasms, in the center of the abdomin (abdomen) where the stomach lies.. And large meals leave me bloated and out of breath. It takes and hour or so before I feel normal and pain is gone.. I'm starting to suspect gallbladder, how gallbladder diegnosed?? I would like to ask my doctor to evaluate.is there a specific test to ask for?
I went back and the doctor had me do a three day stool sample test.
Whatever it was that he was testing for came back negative...
From what I've read on line, the tests coming back negative means that it isn't ulcers, low iron, mal-absorption, cancer, celiac, or ANYTHING else for that matter...

Starting to lose my mind here...or maybe I already have...maybe it's all in my mind?

I asked the doctor if there was a possibility that it could be anxiety/stress/depression...he says no.

Oxer...just ask the doctor to test your stool for EVERYTHING. Gallbladder problems apparently show up in the stool samples or by having an ultra sound done on your abdomen.

Mine won't do an ultrasound just because the stool samples showed nothing. Ugh.
Have a Gastro question?
100,000+ doctor answers