Gastroenterology Community
where to turn with this pain

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

where to turn with this pain

Dont know what to do... I am a 45 year old female and my problems some time ago about 10 years ago I went from happy go lucky to what my Dr.s said was IBS after some time i managed to get used to it and moved on I got a tubal the one that clips off the tubes alls ok tummy trouble off and on diarea (diarrhea) off and on nothing to bad 5 years go by like this and I bacame pregnant the Dr, instantly said etopic pregnance sent me to the hospital for ultrasoud to locate it for removal that wasnt to be because she was in the oven and they said I could continue the pregnancy that was the beginning of the end for what I knew as normal I had extreem pain on my right side from my pelvic bone to my rib cage with the most extreem pain mid way the Dr told me it was just growing pains and they would go away on their own I already had 5 kids and didnt agree with his opinion but tryed to move forward I would faint throw up get dizzy all chocked up to growing pain i had her natural but she is now 5 years old and i am still suffering from this pain that keeps me curled up in a ball at least 5 days a week no life at all durring this time I have had other things pop up cronic (chronic) head acks back pain neck pain joint and leg pain I live in a rural area and my new dr only wants to treat one symptom at a time but has yet to manage fix or improve anything now i am on tension head ack meds that dont seem to help and acid reflux meds that dont help and in the past couple of monthes I started feeling twitching and pulling in my face around my mouth and cheeks the only test she has offered on her own was a blood test that came out normal  the only thing mentioned about the blood work was my blood was too thick not sure what that means ... my question is can you suguest any tests you think may uncover what is wrong with me my next appt is on monday
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include GI/ GU infections/ inflammations, hormonal/ endocrine abnormalities, postural issues, neuro-muscular causes, metabolic issues, micronutrient deficiencies, stress etc. I would suggest considering a detailed evaluation by an internist initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
thank you for responding to my question I will see my dr. on monday and request a referal to a internist because she has given me all the antacids and antibiotics she can think of just she seems stumped for diagnosis i have also gone through several med for migrain prevention to no evail and tention head ack meds that also dont seem to help I hope to have relief soon a lil trip to the market is now a major chore ty