General Health Community
I have a lump in my armpit

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

I have a lump in my armpit

I have a lump in my armpit and I don't really know what it is or where is came from. I went to my doctor and he said that it was just a lump and it would go away in a few days. That was 3 weeks ago. It is still here. I don't know what to do but I hope you people can help me out just a bit.
teen.girl.15
Hi does the lump hurt at all? You can do some googling.  If its an allergic reaction then its nothing to worry about.  if it grows bigger the doctor will have to run some blood test
here is the link in National Medicine Help. Hope this helps. Good luck
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003099.htm

yea. it hurts whenever i put my arm down or whever something touches it. even softly.
it is getting infected and so it hurts even more
Sounds like an infected hair follicle. I have had one of these before. You can get it from shaving. It really hurts. The one I had got to be the size of a marble. Very painful.
I am nineteen and also have a very painful lump under my armpit.  The doctor said it was an infection and put my on antibiotics, but he didn't even touch it.  He just looked at it...which my lump is not very noticable by looking at my armpit, but you can definately feel it.  It has been about three days for me, and my whole upper side hurts on my left arm, which is the side the lump is on.  How is yours doing??  Does it sound like mine?
Mine is doing better thanks. It did sound like it yes but then my mom had me put on Tylenol until we got ahold of my doctor and by the time we did, the lump was gone. It comes back every now and again but it hasnt came back since the last time. Well, the next time it does, i will be going to the doctor here and get her to check it out for me. I told my friends about it and they all said i would have to get surgery to get it removed and i freaked out. Not great news to find out like not even 3 weeks before your birthday. I mean wow. Well, keep me posted on how things go. And if you ever want someone to talk to, i am always here. My email is below...
....kalinda.jennifer.marie.smith.***@****
I am on almost always so if you ever need to talk or have any questions, feel free to ask.
teengirl15
I went to a different doctor and he told me that it is a cyst. I had to describe it to him over the phone and so he told me to come in so he could check it out. If the problem persists, go to the doctor and explain what you think it is. I got told that my solution to the problem is surgery. Any other questions, feel free to comment :)
i have a lump in my armpit im 15 and i keep getting scared thinking its breast cancer i went to school today and in the middle of health class i was feeling my armpit for the lump and the teacher put a piece of paper on my desk and i turned it over and it was an assignment on breast cancer.. i almost cried legit.