General Health Community
painful lump in armpit

Join discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations/vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

painful lump in armpit

hello. my boyfriend discovered a painful lump in his armpit last night that has me deeply concerned. he is 23 years old and has not been sick or ill for the past few months. the lump is solid but moveable; and approximately the size of a penny. also there is quite a bit of drainage. he wants me to help him drain it (which i don't mind) but i'm anxious to do so. i don't want to make it worse, or spread the infection. i'm trying to convince him to go to the doctor, but he is reluctant and stubborn. if anyone could give me more information to ease my worries, i would so greatly appreciate it. thanks kindly!!
I strongly suggest that he go to a doctor. Do not tamper with it.
He needs the Doctor ..Men always refuse to go see one.......Early warning signs should be stopped dead in there tracks...Best of luck and hope he goes...to see one..
it could just be kinda like a cyst, but its caused from alot of caffeine or coffee..does he drink alot of caffeine or coffee?