General Health Community
tightness in chest

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

tightness in chest

tightness in chest and difficult breathing after using a chemical tile sealant
Based upon the details provided, this probably warrants a trip to the urgent care. Many chemical sealant have large disclaimers about the potency of noxious fumes, especially in under-ventilated areas. I would be worried primarily about caustic chemical inflammation to upper & lower airways, which in severe cases can progress to respiratory distress and/or failure.

If the patient is of advanced age with known or potential cardiac risk factors, it would be doubly important to rule out any potential for acute coronary syndrome that might result from such stress exposure.

Most likely respiratory, but I wouldn't ignore these symptoms. At a minimum, you should probably contact poison control to inquire about specific treatments...

Best of luck!
Chemical pneumonitis and subsequent reactive airways dysfunction syndrome after a single exposure to a household product.
Seek professional medical help immediately.
By all means get to an ER immediately.  Good luck.
thank you everyone, i have visited my gp, who has given me an inhalor, which seams to have helped, xx
Usually such exposure causes temporary problems that go away on their own accord. Usually there is no specific treatment except removal of the patient to fresh air and to watch for development of pneumonia. Things will be better over a period of hours and eventually you end up back to normal.  There are varying degrees of sensitivity to these substances and the next time hire a professional to put in the tile or use a less toxic sealant. The basic rule is to ventilate and the more ventilation the better. Ventilation does not only mean "open windows" but an exhaust fan in the window to draw the fumes out. Be very careful of a fire hazard. The other rule is never to wear nylon clothing, because it develops a static charge and when you touch a ground such as a radiator a spark often ensues. If there is a stoiciometric mixture of explosive fumes and air there may be an explosion.