Genetic Disorders Expert Forum
Looking to see a genetic counselor in California
About This Forum:

Questions in the Genetics Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts. This forum is for questions and support regarding a person’s predisposition to a variety of medical conditions such as Ashkenazi Jewish Diseases, Bleeding Disorders, Blood Clotting Disorders, Cancer Genetics and Hereditary Cancer Syndromes, Chromosome Abnormalities, Congenital Birth Defects, Cystic Fibrosis, Family History, Fragile X Syndrome, Infertility, Newborn Screening, Rare Genetic Disorders, Prenatal Screening and Testing.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Looking to see a genetic counselor in California

Hi Joanna,

You answered a question I had a while back about my baby who was still born. He had a diaphragmatic hernia with no other abnormalities seen on ultrasound. Well after he was born they said there must have been other abnormalities. Anyway we want to try again in a year and both agree we want to see a counselor and possibly get tested. We can't handle going through that again (even though we understand we may not have any choice in the matter). We live out in the pacific and will be heading to california on about six or seven months for vacation can you suggest a place for us to go? What should we test? What is the average price range? Neither of us have family histories of any type of genetic problems so this is confusing to me.

John