Aa
A
A
Close
Genetic Disorders Forum
Questions in the Genetics Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts. This forum is for questions and support regarding a person’s predisposition to a variety of medical conditions such as Ashkenazi Jewish Diseases, Bleeding Disorders, Blood Clotting Disorders, Cancer Genetics and Hereditary Cancer Syndromes, Chromosome Abnormalities, Congenital Birth Defects, Cystic Fibrosis, Family History, Fragile X Syndrome, Infertility, Newborn Screening, Rare Genetic Disorders, Prenatal Screening and Testing.
1 - 20 (of 519) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
237300 tn?1231458318
In June I had a miscarriage and because I insisted on it my doctor gave me tons of blood tests. He found out that I am compound heterozy...
4 answers |
I am a male and yesterday I learned that I have a balanced translocation of chromosomes 14 & 17. My wife and I have suffered 5 miscarriag...
4 answers |
Hello, My mother was just recently dx with A1298c Mutation. Please explain this to me? what causes it? Is it genetic? I have 2 boys mys...
2 answers |
I'm a 41 y.o. male, writing from Athens, Greece. Since my childhood, I know that I have a hereditary disorder called "thalassemia minor"....
4 answers |
887324 tn?1241733637
What does this mean? Our boy was just "diagnosed" with this Duplication on chromosome 7q21.13 large size 1.68 to 1.73 mb Deletion o...
9 answers |
My Grandson has no enamel on his baby teeth, and they suspect these might be his permanent teeth. He will be 4 March 6 and is a wonderfu...
7 answers |
How common is it to have posterior helical ear pits? My daughter has them bilateral, she is also over 99% for height(parents 5'7"& 5'11)...
1 answer |
can the genetic factors MTHFRC677T or Factor V Leiden keep you from GETTING pregnant? not just having miscarriages, and can it lead to b...
1 answer |
I don't want to sound horribly unsympathetic, but I recently learned that my girlfriend, who I care for deeply, has 2 uterus and 2 cervix...
1 answer |
I was wondering my possibility in having twins, on my husband's mother's side he has a grandmother who is a fraternal twin. On my side of...
1 answer |
In the absence of a family history for genetic disease, what is the risk of genetic disorder/birth defect in first cousins of Iranian des...
2 answers |
i was just wondering if i have kids with my second cousin, what are the chances of there being complications and will the unborn child be...
2 answers |
1035252 tn?1427231433
Hi...I was hoping you could help me out with something! A dear friend of mine just found out that her 2-year-old daughter has a rare chro...
4 answers |
I am wondering how good my chances of having twins are. My mom is an identical twin and she has identical twin uncles. My dad is a frat...
3 answers |
Iam 23 year old and recently I lost male baby.He was diagnosed with spina bida with arnold chairi 2 malformation during ninth month pregn...
2 answers |
1033165 tn?1309439016
I got my blood work back. I was just diagnosed with having Leir Weill Dyschondrosteosis. I have been having alot of hip pain and daily fe...
1 answer |
I'm 41 w/ hx of breast cx (dx 39 yrs, IDC & DCIS, stage I, chemo no rads). My original CT scan after dx (9/07) showed no nodules on thyro...
1 answer |
My Mother in law, my husband(her son) and several of her family has this genetic disease. Her sister di researse back in 92-93. We are ...
3 answers |
Dear Doctor, My Boyfriends' father is 59 years and he suffers from diabetes, he takes insuline injections. He began suffering from dia...
2 answers |
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
05/15 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank