HIV, Living With Community
ARV medication changed

This is a community for those who have HIV/AIDS, and for family and friends impacted by it. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. All questions and comments. posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.. Under NO circumstances should you act on any advice or opinion posted in any of MedHelp’s communities without first consulting your medical provider. If you have questions regarding your risk for HIV, please visit our HIV Prevention Community.

ARV medication changed

Dear experts,
I am diagnosed hiv possitive 1month ago. My CD4 is 300, and doctor told me that it's time for my treatment. First, I was given the Cotrim 960mg/day. After 10days drinking, I have skin allergy as described in the prescription. After about 10days later treat the allergy with celestamine, my skin problem is completely gone. 5 days later, I started the ARV treatment. My formula are: Lamivudine combines Zidovudine; Efavirenz. After 8 days using, everything was ok. Only dizzy at night after I drank the second time. But suddenly day 9th, I have skin rash. The area of rash was hot but I didn't have fever. It's all over my chest, my arms and back and face, neck, red eyes sometimes. Doctor said I should stop the ARV treatment and wait until all the rash's gone, then he will find another formula for me. I would like to know, is there any kind of medicine in replacement for my sensitive skin, because I'm very easily get rash or kinds like that.
Thank you so much.