HIV, Living With Community
HIV - Surgery

This is a community for those who have HIV/AIDS, and for family and friends impacted by it. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. All questions and comments. posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.. Under NO circumstances should you act on any advice or opinion posted in any of MedHelp’s communities without first consulting your medical provider. If you have questions regarding your risk for HIV, please visit our HIV Prevention Community.

HIV - Surgery

It's been almost a year since i was diagnosed with HIV. After then, I noticed this lump near my genital area and I'm afraid it's getting bigger from time to time, I just want it to be removed. Since we all know that HIV targets the immunity system, I'm unsure about the healing and recovery process. Will it take longer than a normal person without HIV? I recently had a chicken fox and I hate it. The healing process took longer than I thought and it left a lot of scars on my skin. I haven't undergo CD4 test to know my immunity level, but I can honestly say that I'm feeling fine. And also, what can I do about my swollen throat? I'm having difficulty swallowing foods sometimes and is it connected to the bitter taste in my mouth every morning when I wake up?

Thank you in advance.
Jay

You won't heal any different than you did before you were diagnosed.