HIV Anxiety Support User Group
I need support as i wait
About This Group:

This support group is for those who are suffering from stress or anxiety associated with uncertain HIV status. HIV anxiety is extremely isolating for those who are going through it, as it is often very difficult to discuss with friends and family members. This group is provided for sufferers of HIV anxiety to discuss their fears in a supportive environment. Those with anxiety over non-HIV STDs are also welcome. For personal advice concerning HIV risk, testing, and prevention, please post in the HIV Prevention Community.

Founded by joggen on October 4, 2009
1227 members

I need support as i wait

I need support as i wait for the window period to be over. How can i handle the stress and the anxiety that am going through. I know life is worth living and cant terminate it. Am sitting for an exam this december and ever since my exposure, i have been failing to concentrate on anything. Please everyone, throw your support on this thread.  
What and when was your exposure buddy?

Well we have all been in your shoes ( in terms of worry ) Everyone has their own ways of dealing with it. For me, i new whats done is done and i cannot change the fact by making myself ill with worry ( which i did for a week or two ) Then i just got very busy with work and doing decorating and going out. Any spare time was working or going to the gym or doing my house up. Thinking was not good and the internet didnt help ( unless you stick to main sites like this, others scare more than share and educate )
The posts i read, gave me assurance that things are not always as bad as they seem, how ever high risk you had.

So i turn negative worry into positive Hope. I belive thats the best way, certainly for myself it was.

Hope this helps some what?
My exposure was on 3rd September, 2011. Condom break and did it with someone suspected of having a virus
JGF25 When you can get to the "WH... Comment
Aug 15
erb024 joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 14
RubyWitch Life shrinks or expands in ... Comment
Aug 14