HIV Anxiety Support User Group
possible exposure12-12-12 (PLEASE READ AND RESPOND)
About This Group:

This support group is for those who are suffering from stress or anxiety associated with uncertain HIV status. HIV anxiety is extremely isolating for those who are going through it, as it is often very difficult to discuss with friends and family members. This group is provided for sufferers of HIV anxiety to discuss their fears in a supportive environment. Those with anxiety over non-HIV STDs are also welcome. For personal advice concerning HIV risk, testing, and prevention, please post in the HIV Prevention Community.

Founded by joggen on October 4, 2009
1229 members

So, on the night of the date above I engaged in some sexual activites. I really didn't know the guy as well as I should have but that didnt stop the encounter from happening. Long story short, we kissed, he climaxed on my vagina(i shaved right before we met and i possibly could have cut myself a little) ...afterwards I wiped myself clean with a towel and we began to kiss some more....he then poked around my vagina with his penis and tried to stick it in but I never let him...while trying to put it in the head kind of went in but i immediately pushed him away. He also gave me oral sex unprotected(everything that i mentioned before was also unprotected)

So maybe a couple of weeks(2-3) went by and i caught a cold(usually everytime my daughter catches a cold so does my mother and i) the symptoms were as usual -runny nose -congestion -little to no cough
and then the 1st week of jan something strange happened...i got this rush of anxiousness throughout my body and it felt like my world was coming to an end...i felt nasuated and anxious at the same time..then i got numbness and tingling throughout my body...i also had a bowel movement..it wasnt watery but it was little pieces ...i couldnt sleep none that day bc all i could think of was the symptoms of HIV that i read online....the next two days i was so stressed i didnt have a appetite and i barely slept. since then i have had extreme nasuea, constipation, headaches, anxiety, and numbness/tingling sensations. jan 16 2013(35 days after possible exposure) i went and got a rapid hiv test and it came back negative. I thought my anxiety troubles were over but then i returned to the internet and it started right back...same symptoms but worse...anxiety was literally taking over my everyday life felt like. so on Feb 4 2013(54 days after possible exposure) i went to my obgyn and got a pam smear and she took blood to test for all other possible std and hiv...everything came back negative....one would think id be okay but i still wasnt satisfied...i continue to have anxiety related symptoms and its starting to take over my life. i have a child and sometimes i dont even have the energy to be the mother i know i can be to her bc of the constant thoughts and what ifs in the back of my mind. im depressed most of the time bc i cant believe i allowed this happen to me. im going to the doctor tomorrow to get another test(75 days after possible exposure) and also im going on 3-12-2013 to get a 3 month test and i pray to god everything comes back negative. so i guess my question is, how can i reverse this anxiety? could i possibly contracted the disease from what i explained? is it possible to test negative after the dates i listed above? PLEASE HELP...THANK YOU
Tags: Anxiety, HIV
***I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT I RECENTLY WAS DIAGNOSED WITH ORAL THRUSH AFTER NOTICING WHITE COATED TONGUE. I HAD THIS WHEN I GOT TESTED THE 2ND TIME. I ASKED MY DOCTOR IS IT POSSIBLE TO TEST NEGATIVE AND STILL HAVE SYMOTOMS THAT I'M HAVING. I WAS PLACED ON ANTIBIOTICS BACK IN SEPT OF 2012 AND SHE SAID IT COULD HAVE CAME FROM THAT BUT 5 MONTHS LATER THOUGH??? PLEASE HELP!!
please read and comment when you get the chance.
pleae read and comment when you get the chance
Hiya. Well your risk was so low that it could be debated if a test was required, but the correct thinking is penetration is a risk. Your 54 day test is very much conclusive and more so with the very low risk you had. Your doing the right thing by testing to 3 months, but honestly, it would be nothing short of mystery if you didnt get another negative result, infact it would be bizzare and a freak of nature.

Now, your certaining stressed, that is for sure and it quiet clear your making yourself ill. Stress can create oral thrush, or certainly contribute towards it and i think a lot of what is going on with your health is down to your state of mind and running your body down.

Its very unlikley he had hiv, less that 1%, get hiv from sex is less than 1% ( take in mind you really did have sex but a bit on penetration ) and testing positive after 6 weeks is less than 1%. So if you do the maths, you can see your concerns should certainly be eased.

So please take in the facts, calm down, take a deep breath and start to relax, you are making yourself ill with worry and you have a child that needs you fit and healthy, and again, you dont have a fat lot to worry about.

I really hope this helps you.
THANK YOU for your advice. I needed that so much you have no idea!!! God bless you:)
Hey np, glad it helped
just wanted to update you, I went and got tested today(rapid) and it came back negative. I'm still going to get the 3 month test on march 12th
exactly 75 days after possible exposure
Hiya and thank you for the update.

If you had anything of a worry before then you certainly should not now. 15 days will not change your status :-)
Hi there my friend,

For the past two days I've been having diarrhea and lots of nausea. I know I teasted at 75 days after possible.exposure and everything was negative, could it b possible that I'm infected seeing I haven't reached my 3 month mark
There is no realistic chance that you are infected- expect another negative.
Thank you for your response
Hiya, i can only agree with joggen but as for your health. You have in the past and you will in the future become ill from time to time, its normal. Try not to worry about it because you dont have anything to worry about :)
misterworried joined this group
Welcome them!
joihn joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 27
Apollo1971 God Quote.Muslims have mart... Comment
Aug 23