Aa
A
A
Close
4th Generation Duo Test False Negative?
Dear all,

I am an expat living here in Indonesia. On March 1st I got badly drunk and had sex with a local prostitute from a karaoke club (not street pickups). During the occassion the condom slipped, and I had unprotected vaginal sex for 1-2 minutes and did not ejaculate.

After the incident, I went to the local STD clinic asking for PEP, and they said PEP is not available in the country and if it was available, I would not be a candidate for it. So I searched the website and found Andrographis paniculata and Phylantus niruri have a antriretroviral properties that inhibits the binding of the cell by HIV virus. So I started taking the niruri for 4 weeks and the Andrographis for 3 weeks (both in a lesser dosage from suggested, I was worried about longterm use).

On the 30th day, I took the 4th Generation Ag/Ab Combo Test and the result was 0.06 Non-Reactive. But then I read that PEP could alter test results (even though in this case it is NOT a real PEP, I am worried the herbs I took may have similar effects). Any thoughts or comments?
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
186166 tn?1385262982
condom slipped?

came totally off???
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Yes, it broke somehow and slipped off
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Sorry I accidentaly clicked the BEST ANSWER mark
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
186166 tn?1385262982
what you took will NOT prevent hiv infection.

you duo test is a good indication of your status...follow up at 3 months
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
HIV Prevention Community Resources