Aa
A
A
Close
9 week test...
Hi. I've had 4 negative hiv tests out to 9 weeks( 2,3,4,9) for unprotected vaginal sex with a co-worker who states she is negative. Does this mean anything? Is 9 conclusive? Thanx.
Cancel
6 Answers
Page 1 of 1
No nine weeks in not conclusive. 12/13 weeks is conclusive for anyone that has had a real risk.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
ok, test again in 3 weeks? would most people have tested pos by now?...i still will test in 3 weeks.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
425289 tn?1207238324
9 weeks is not 100% conclusive. However, 98-99% of people who will test positive will have tested positive by then. It is a very, very strong sign for you.

Best of luck.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment

we dont know! any peron has diferent body reaction! it is truth that after 6 weeks most of the people" not all" at that time will be positive,,you still in window period, get test at 13 weeks to confirm yor negative result" the prosedure is 12 weeks" and that got to be folow.

good luck
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
4 week 95% (Almost all positive people get tested +ve between 2-3 week)
6 week 99%
12 week 100%
So  I think ur safe..
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
, where did you get those numbers(%)?

, i am in 9.5 weeks negative result, i am waiting on cuple weeks more to get test again,,,then move one!,,,,,,,,,,,i love that 99% at 6 weeks that you wrote! but its hard to belive when people keep saying,,,to conclusive result at 12-13 weeks,,,if 6 wekks its 99%,,so 9.5 week will rule out infection? why 9.5 ,or 10,or 11 weeks dosent sound so good that #12 an13 weeks?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
HIV Prevention Community Resources