HIV Prevention Community
Am I Infected ?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Am I Infected ?

A week ago I had protected vaginal intercourse with an escort and she gave me protected oral and I gave her unprotected oral, after 2 days I had metallic taste in the mouth and which turned into bitter taste and then burning tongue and also dry mouth and white tongue, I had no other symptoms and I think I am affected with HIV here after a week of exposure. I had my blood test done but waiting for results. I read from other website that Burning mouth only occurs in women and if it occurs in men than it is a sign of HIV.

Please Help me. Thanks!
If the sex was protected you shouldn't worry about HIV. You even don't need to test.
Thanks for the response! But I performed oral cunnilingis and I think it carries some risk. Why am I having metallic taste started since the next day of my exposure and it turned into the burning tongue and it is really making me worried still. I think I am one week from the exposure and its' also too early for the HIV test.
All the experts in this FORUM say cunnilingus is not a way of infection. You can relax. Really.
Thanks for your Input !!
Anyone have any idea about why my tip of the tongue is still metallic and have burning sensation on it 2 days after the exposure?
Not an HIV concern. This forum is HIV specific.
Thanks for your prompt reply!! I really appreciate the work you are doing here, but this burning mouth had never happened to me in my life, an all I can see on internet is that burning mouth in men is due to HIV or has to something related to STI as it all happened right after the exposure. Sorry to ask you this again but I am scared and I also have loss of appetite and didn't had much food after the incident. Thanks for your time!
And also have Dry mouth and bitter taste. I also kissed her and is it because of kissing?
Teak can you plz anwser my question
Please, post on STD FORUM
Please Help SCARED!!!  I have started Diarrhoea....please help me honestly  

I'm still worried and this was my first encounter of my life and might think if there was a condom failure or something that I didn't notice.

I'm scared to death !!
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
Really sorry will not do it again!! I am just scared!!