Blood Exposure from Fist Fight
Thanks for your time.  A week ago I unfortunately got into a fist fight outside a bar.  It was self defense as the person hit me first. I was knocked down and suffered scrapes on my knees and on my right pinky knuckle.  I took the guy to the ground and got in a about 4 shots before it was broken up.  The cut above my pinky knuckle was bleeding.  I think I broke his nose as there was blood on my hand. His and mine. Not a lot, but enough.  I do not know if his blood got into my cut on my hand as the blood I saw was on my middle knuckles with intact skin.  I had a few nicks on my face from the bush near by, but don't believe his blood got on my face.  He chased me down the street as I was trying to leave and yelled, "MF, you are going to die, you are going to get HIV!"  His nose was bleeding pretty severely afterward.  I also understand alcohol could thin out the blood causing it him to bleed more.

Scary stuff, to say the least. I've been all over multiple sites and understand no one has ever been confirmed to have gotten HIV from a fight/sports as the disease is rendered unable to transmit outside a living host.  However, this happened so fast was there time for my cut to start to clot before his blood my have entered. The bleeding stopped with a few minutes.

It was superficial wound similar to road rash or turf burn you would get from a field.  

I am in a monogamous relationship and do not want to cause harm to my girlfriend.  I am unsure about my opponents sexual status, but he was we a few gay guys that night.  I realize HIV is not a gay disease, but I want to be thorough with my facts.  In addition, I washed the cut off a few minutes later with a wet rag, no soap.

Please let me know if I require testing or have need for concern.

Thanks,
Tell your selfdefense story to the police...it doesn't matter here.

Well the info you have found else where is right, you did not have a risk.
I respect Vance 2335 answer, but to clarify is this not a risk due the fact his blood would not have entered deep tissue or have direct contact with my blood stream?
"I've been all over multiple sites and understand no one has ever been confirmed to have gotten HIV from a fight/sports"

So you think you are going to be the 1st?
good point.  Either way, when the guy yelled, "your going to die," accompanied by an HIV threat it was scary.
Understandable, but aren't drunk people always saying dumb stuff?
Again, touche'.  This one was bizarre. The guy followed me outside the bar to pick the fight.  I even apologized for any misunderstanding.  When he hit me, had to defend myself. Never thought it would escalate to that. Lesson learned and thanks for the quick responses.  You all provide a forum for less educated people to find out the realities of the disease.  There is so much misinformation that the only thing that becomes constant is confusion and paranoia.
Fighting = NO HIV RISK
Unless he managed to inject a used syringe into you, you had no risk.
Move on.
Thanks for the quick replies and allowing me to have some peace of mind.   I had a duo test done as Dr. HHH suggested 4 weeks post exposure and it was negative as you suggested it would be.  Thanks again, and best regards.