HIV Prevention Community
CBC and WBC

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

CBC and WBC

I should be getting the results back from my CBC/WBC bloodwork that was done a week ago tomorrow, will my cd4 number be included in these results?
Tags: CD4
  • HIV (7 replies):
    Can CBC indicate about HIV? I know it can be said whethe...[more]
  • is it hiv? (7 replies):
    hello Teak and all; I had ...[more]
  • cbc (13 replies):
    my wbc was 5.30 a month before i did anything. two month...[more]
  • Any Idea (3 replies):
    My WBC is 5.7 Isn't that too low ? Ben
  • STATUS (3 replies):
    I am 24 male. I had an unprotected sexual act with a s...[more]
if u have a concern for HIV get an HIV test CBC and WBC will give u nothing about Ur HIV status
let us know when you get your HIV TEST done...
Im getting the hiv test done tomorrow, and was told results would be in within 24-48 hours. I am still curious about the cbc/wbc showing my cd4 count as i will find that out tomorrow. Does it indeed show the count?
no matter what the count is it will never show u an accurate status of Ur HIV
only HIV test gives u an accurate status
I completely understand, I know that you can have a decent cd4 count and still be a carrier of the disease if it is a recent infection or if you are a slow progressor. I am getting tested, just curious about what the cbc/wbc will tell.(I've already paid for the test, no going back now)
Just a side note:
If i do have HIV from one sexual partner(3 times), which I'm told is like a 1/1000 chance everytime you have unprotected sex, while being a circumsized white male, showing late stage hiv symptoms after only 1 year, which is even faster than diagnosed rapid progressors- I am like the most unlucky person alive.
well 1/1000 or other figures are numbers and not accurate some ppl gets it from first time some stay with hiv positive for years and years and never catch it testing is the 100 % sure thing also not such numbers