HIV Prevention Community
Chances of getting HIV by one unprotected encounter

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

hello,
i am 22 years old man. i had unprotected 'Vaginal Sex' with a girl i met at a party, in India.
the act lasted for a minute or two, and i didn't ejaculate inside her.
She is sexually active and says she has had unprotected sex a couple of times in the past. My worry is I Don't know her HIV status and it has only been 4 days since the act, so I can't even go out and get a blood test done before 3 months to calm myself down.

That was my first time, and i feel like it was a huge mistake. So please tell me the chances of me catching the infection or am i just thinking too much and worrying for nothing.. :|
if she has hiv your chance is 1 in 1000 that's what i heard the doctor say in the expert forum
thanks, but unfortunately, there is no way to ask her bout her HIV status.. is there any test or anything that one can take within a week's time to make sure there is nothing to worry about ?
m just worried like hell, can't concentrate on anything else.
Hey, You had a risk..!!
You can have a duo / combo at 4 weeks post exposure and have a antibody test at 3 months to make it conclusive. ..
Next time try to have safe sex using condoms..
Remember Unprotected enjoyment is for 5 mins but HIV is forever. .!!
Thanks, Point Taken !!
but the doubt is.. what are the odds of catching HIV in this fashion, can anyone make it clear about the factors that are involved in it ? the time or act, style, gender, and others ?
You had risk that simple do what ran said,take hiv duo test at 4 weeks because it can save you lots of worry
Reread my above comments. ..
HIV is not the guessing game..Risk is a risk..there are no factors on it....
Move on...!!
ok, i will do that.. thanks !!