HIV Prevention Community
DUO test window

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

DUO test window

Is the DUO test at 18 days accurate? When is it conclusive? Would RNA be the way to go. Unprotected encounter was over a month ago.
It's conclusive 3 months post exposure and of course you knew that you were told back in May.
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/HIV---Prevention/tested-at-17-day-/show/1742003

Why would a doctor say 1 month here then? Is he saying that because this person had no risk? I see he helps formulate the CDC testing guidelines including the 3 month antibody one you continuously repeat on multiple forums.

My question was in regards to the duo or RNA test after sex with a person of unclear status. This occurred in October of 2012. Don't answer question if you don't read the entire question
a duo at 4 weeks OR an antibody test at 6 weeks will give you a good indication of your status.  follow up at 3 months