HIV Prevention Community
Dizziness nausea and headache ars related?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Okay so I had unprotected anal sex with this guy and he said he was clean but later found out he was bisexual and had unprotected gay sex before. I asked him to go get HIV tested with me 36 days after his last gay partner... His HIV test came back negative. It was at planned parenthood. I felt doubtful since a little over 5 weeks isn't completely conclusive and I have been worrying so much about it.. 1. How trustworthy is this test? Then all of a sudden exactly 2 weeks after us having sex I started having this lightheaded dizziness. I also kinda had what felt to be a sinus head ache type thing but wasn't sure then also kinda nausea.. Its lasted for a week and a half and hasnt gone away. I took a zpak from the doc thinking it was a sinus infection. I also know ars main symptoms fever rash sore throat swollen glands muscle pains... I haven't had any of those at all.. I might have had a pain in my neck and shoulder one day cuz of the weather but I mean I'm wondering is dizziness, on and off headaches, and nausea, considered to be ars related with out having fever rash sore throat or glands? Or am I just worrying.  
I suggest you have the HIV DUO test or the RNA at 4 weeks and then follow up at 3 months for a final,conclusive test.You had a very high risk exposure.
He only had sex with 1 unprotected time that was 5 weeks before me.  But would you say a test at 5 weeks that is negative and then me have no classical ars syndrome my mom says its a flu going around and I say well idk I mean there's no fever no rash no sore throat no swollen glands just a dizzy light headed ness a bit of a head ache and a nausea not really classical ars symptoms. They said if I do develope ars a fever is usually always present and I haven't had that. :/ and he did test a day over 5 weeks and it was negative.. And he said he didn't any ars symptoms prior.
ARS if one has it comes on 2-4 weeks post exposur and last 1-2 weeks. Just obtain your conclusive test 3 months post exposure.
Im going to but I'm going crazy worrying about it. I mean does my situation look alright or do you think that is ars that I am having with the dizziness and nausea with on and off headache? And what's a planned parenthood test look at 5 weeks?
Can't tell you, because I don't have any idea what planned parenthood used to test you,. Symptoms or lack of symptoms will never tell you anything about your status only testing will do that, just get an antibody test at 3 months and it will be conclusive.
They use the prick your finger get blood and get the result 20 minutes later test. Idk what that would be but yeah. And alright how accurate is a duo test at 4 weeks/month I really don't wanna wait 3 months to figure this out... I'm too paranoid as it is. What is the soonest pretty conclusive testing result route I could take?
3 months for a rapid and a DUO test for early detection is from week 1-4. You don't need a DUO test all you need is an antibody test.
Why don't I need a duo?
You are past 4 weeks and the antigen part of the test is not effective after 4 weeks which would be a waste of money.
The bisexual guy tested at 5 weeks after last gay sex.. I was with him and saw the test results... Then was worried... Blew up his phone and now thinks I'm a nut job for worrying so much and doesn't wanna get tested again cuz he's sure he's negative... He's not logical about this...  All this stuff happened 3 weeks ago. Lol so I'm still within the time right?  If I went and got tested tomorrow using the duo test at my doctors would it be accurate and show up with in 3-3,5 weeks after possible exposer.?
You only need to be concerned with your status. A DUO is good up to 3 months just not the antigen part. A DUO test is 260.00 and a standard antibody test is less than 50.00 dollars and the antibody  part of the test is the only part of the test that is useable at that time sith the DUO.
Btw I'm 19 the bisexual guy was 18... I am covered under my dads insurance and my doctor told me to come back after a month and get tested idk if he does the duo but idk well see... I can either go that route or go get tested at the college I go to for free at 4 weeks after exposer it'll be a mouth swab. If insurance covers the duo test should I take it at this point in time 3.5 weeks after exposer?
a duo test at 4 weeks post exposure

or

an antibody test at 6 weeks post exposure

EITHER of them will give you a very good indication of your status.  at that point...it is highly unlikely that either will change.

BOTH need to be followed up at 3 months post exposure.

all the repeated questions don't change the fact that you chose to have unprotected sex with someone that you didn't know their status.  now you have to suffer the consequences and WAIT to test at the appropriate time.
Thanks for the info but wow way to make me feel like crap I know I screwed up I just didn't wanna get pregnant so I had anal.. And didn't even think the guy was a ******. Info good support wise not so much.
just stating the facts