HIV Prevention Community
Dried Blook an HIV Risk?

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Dried Blook an HIV Risk?

A very small, minute amount of blood (which may have contained the HIV virus) got on a metal object.  Approximately a month after this happened, the object came in contact with another person.  If that person has an open sore on one of his fingers, and he touched the place on the object where this tiny amount of blood had dried, is there a possibility that this person could get the HIV virus?  Thakns you.
HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug users
Mother to child
I have always heard/read that Aids can be passed onto another person if the infected person's blood got into an open wound (cut, etc) of the second person.  Not true?
You can't pass AIDS and no it isn't true in that manner. If you are a surgeon then that would be something to discuss.
I meant to say HIV, not AIDS.
You can't pass HIV in that manner either.
Thank you.