Duo test doubt
I was wondering if you someone help me clear out this doubt. I know that after aproximatly after 2 - 3 weeks of contracting the virua, the p24 antigen becomes detectable. Until when is this antigen detectable? Is it true that once the body produces antibodies, the antigen disapears. My question then is if there is a period of time when the p24 antigen becomes undetectable and there the body hasnt formed antibodys so the duo test might be a false negative? Or one of them has to be positive since the antigen becomes undetectable once antibodies have been formes? Please help me clear out this doubt since i searched it in the forum and it hasnt really been answere and i know it will be of great help for many people to understand how th duo test works.
first off...you had NO risk from oral sex
secondly...you have a 3 month CONCLUSIVE test result
lastly...you have 46 posts/comments which constitutes failure to adhere to the guidelines for posting in this forum

* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.

Just help me put with this last doubt and ill never post again!!

Thanks anyway. I would have really apreciatted if you would have answeres.
Please if someone knows the question to my answer it would really help me out!!!
HIV Duo test or HIV 28 day test
The HIV antibody/p24 antigen Duo Test is an excellent, accurate and inexpensive HIV test that reliably detects HIV infection that occurred just 28 days prior to the test. This HIV test is known as the 'Duo' because it tests for both HIV antibodies as well as the 'HIV P24 antigen'. The HIV p24 antigen is a core HIV viral protein which becomes detectable at approximately 10 days post exposure, peaks at 16 days or so and then remains at high level for 8 to 10 weeks post exposure. It will then fluctuate over the rest of the course of the illness. HIV p24 antigen is extremely useful in combination with an HIV antibody test in determining early on whether an individual has been infected with HIV. The HIV DUO test is extremely accurate at 28 days and is now the test recommended by the new UK Guidelines on HIV testing 2008.

might help?? relax listen.....
http://www.fda.gov/downloads/BiologicsBloodVaccines/BloodBloodProducts/ApprovedProducts/LicensedProductsBLAs/BloodDonorScreening/InfectiousDisease/UCM216314.pdf

Page 27
Current methods for the detection of HIV may not detect all infected individuals. An ARCHITECT HIV Ag/Ab Combo test result that is nonreactive does not exclude the possibility of exposure to or infection with HIV-1 and/or HIV-2. Nonreactive results in this assay for individuals with prior exposure to HIV-1 and/or HIV-2 may be due to antigen and antibody levels below the limit of detection of this assay.

UK testing guidelines.
Post-test discussion

The need for a repeat HIV test if still within the window period after a specific exposure should be discussed. Although fourth generation tests shorten the time from exposure to seroconversion a repeat test at three months is still recommended to definitively exclude HIV infection.

http://www.bhiva.org/documents/Guidelines/Testing/GlinesHIVTest08.pdf