HIV Prevention Community
HIV RISK?

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

HIV RISK?

hi, about three weeks ago i was at a party (under the influence of alcohal (alcohol)) and i was with a girl. no sex just penatrate with my fingers. she also accedently scratched my penis with her nail. it was not big or bleeding but it left a small red mark. Also, after penatrating with my fingers i touched my penis probably a minute after. if she had hiv and i touched the scratch or the opening of my penis. would i be at risk? and does being under the influence make me more at risk? and i had cold/flu symptoms about 3 weeks after. so i was wondering if they could be ARS symptoms. They might have also been just a cold or flu. any responses would be great and please try include an explanation why or why not i was at risk for whatever reason.
Tags: HIV, ris, help, risk, hiv?
You NEVER had a risk............and yes, I DID read the bit about the scratch on your penis and touching said penis after you fingered her.
Reread first line.

HIV is spread three ways

UNPROTECTED INSERTIVE ANAL/VAGINAL SEX WITH HIV+ PARTNER
SHARING DRUG WORKS (NEEDLES) WITH HIV+ PERSON
HIV+ MOTHER TO UNBORN CHILD

Three weeks post this non-exposure, you had symptoms of a cold, not ARS.

You aksed.........."and does being under the influence make me more at risk?"

Being under the influence of alcohol does NOT make you more susceptible to the virus.
Being under the influence of alcohol to the point that you "forget, don't bother or don't care" to be safe, DOES put you, AND YOUR PARTNER, at a greater risk.

You're 22 years old ricky, past time you got yourself educated about HIV.