HIV Prevention Community
HIV/STD Massage Parlor

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

HIV/STD Massage Parlor

Doc,

I know you've already answered some of these questions, but I thought since I have a couple different elements in mine I thought I'd ask anyways.

One week ago today I visited a massage parlor. The masseuse took me into a shower room, made me lie down on a table and washed me with soap, water, and a loofa sponge. She then took me into the room, performed oral sex with a condom, and then had vaginal sex with me, with the condom on. I watched very closely and noticed that her skin did not touch mine (at least nothing significantly) while we were having sex. She took my condom off with a towel so that no fluid touched herself or myself, and finished me with her hand. She then took alcohol and sprayed my genitals to sterilize them, but I am afraid we may have shared a towel (we may not have, though).

The next day I had a swore throat and swollen lymph nodes; I have been paranoid and have felt discomfort in areas where lymph nodes are present, albeit within a week's time of my visit. I have also been experiencing sore muscles and a sore in my mouth which developed within 4 days of my visit. I am worried that because I have been on a doxycycline hyclate regime for the past month (for acne) that I am more susceptible to contract HIV or another STD. I know my chances of contracting something are extremely low, but should I be worried about the medication I am taking or the "symptoms" I am experiencing? I am planning on getting tested, but I wanted to know your opinion on the matter.
You never had an exposure.

HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug abusers
Mother to child
What about when I laid on the table? What about my symptoms? We're they too soon to be HIV? Did doxycycline speed up a possible infection? Would it be possible to contract it when the condom was taken off?
What about when you laid on the table? What about your symptoms?

You had no risk as you were told.
Would having taken doxycycline hyclate make symptoms appear earlier, IF there was an exposure (e.g. swollen lymph nodes in throat the night of the exposure; swore spots on inner thigh, back of knee, and spots near my armpit). Would it do nothing, or do my symptoms seem to be psychosomatic?

I also have a little patch of scar tissue on the shaft of my penis. It is sensitive to the touch but I do not think it is open skin. If the condom was intact during intercourse, would there be a chance of contracting a STI/HIV when the condom was taken off? Again, I do not think that the skin was ever open, but saying it were, would there be a chance when the condom was taken off?
You never had an exposure.
I hope you're right, and chances are you're correct. So chances are very low for my case? Why am I experiencing sore muscles, etc.? HIV can't surrive once it hits air?
You never had an exposure.
You had no HIV risk. From the storie you tell. Let it go and move on with your life.
Thank you for your comments. I know that I don't have a risk, but my mind keeps getting the best of me. I also "feel" like I am battling something (i.e. sore spots on body, malaise, etc.). Just for my sanity, can you answer these two questions:

Could I have experienced symptoms (if exposed) the day or next few days after exposure? It seemed to soon anyways, but I was taking doxycycline and it made me worried that it would show symptoms earlier than usual.

When is the earliest I can get tested?
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
ARS symptoms do not come with in a few days it takes weeks. But that makes no differince because you were never at risk. Since you never had an HIV risk testing is not needed. But just to set the record strate testing has to be done 3 months after possible exposer.

Bottem line is this you never had an HIV risk. Let it go move on with your life.