HIV Prevention Community
HIV Symtoms(symptoms) and sick worried

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

HIV Symtoms(symptoms) and sick worried

Hi Doctor..

Before I start, i would like to thank you for this forum and helping so many people through out the world.

My concern is that I had an unprotected oral sex and protected vaginal sex with a sex worker recently 5 weeks ago. She performed oral on me for 5-7 minutes while me lying down and she was on top giving me head...and then we entered into vaginal sex with the very next moment but till then I wore condom ( but without wiping myself after oral). As far as I beleive, that this act remains a low risk activity since I had only insertive oral sex and then protected vaginal sex but after few days I faced below symtoms (symptoms):-

1.  After 1 week to 4 week - around 5-6 lymph nodes got swollen in right side of neck and right armpit. (including both location) but they got swollen after one by one .
2. After 3rd week, I have two painless fluid filled mouth ulcer inside my mouth both right and left cheeks inwards and are still there.
3. At exactly 4 week, I got fever and this remained for a week but I got fever (around 100 or 101) only during second half of day like after noon that continued till night. During morning hours, I would remain fresh with my body temperature as normal. Went to doctor and had got the fever and antibiotics medicines.
4. Getting night sweats for past 3-4 days and getting up while in the middle of night because of that.

I am now worrying this as the symptoms of HIV ..  Is there any other possibility of these being symtoms (symptoms) of different STDs. I understand that I have to get tested at 3 months mark as I have seen your suggestions in this forum to be a conclusive test window. Now, I need your help, advise and support as why I am so much symptomatic towards HIV though I had protected vaginal sex . yes, for Oral sex- I missed and got into unprotected but would insertive oral sex lead to these symtoms (symptoms) ? Also, supposing the lady to be in her Acute period when viral load is too high- can the Saliva have that much of viral load to infect ..?

Please help Doctor :(
You never had an exposure in the situations you've provided.
Thanks Teak .. Have a little relief after hearing you.. but symptoms are there.. so is there any chance for these symtoms (symptoms) to be related to other STDs exactly after the week of sexual experience that I had .

As far as heard , other STDs as herpes or syphilis have visbile symtoms (symptoms) on the genital but I didn't have any.. I wish that these symtoms (symptoms) be of other STDs as substitute rather than of being HIV .. Please suggest if these could be... awaiting your response..
HIV isn't your concern. If you are concerned about your symptoms, see your doctor.