HIV Prevention Community
HIV Worried

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

HIV Worried

Hello There,

About 6 weeks ago I had unprotected vaginal sex with a man from Africa. He has been living in the US for 7 years now. It was extremely stupid, and I have been worried sick ever since. I will mention he did not ejaculate inside me. I have developed and onslaught of symptoms that have come and gone for the past 6 weeks. At ten days I went to see my Dr. and had a triage of STD tests done. I tested negative from everything to HIV to herpes. But I know that 10 days is not accurate. My symptoms so far:

Day after increased vaginal discharge
Week after sore throat, vaginal itchiness, (possible bump), malaise, myalgia, chills, but no fever
These symptoms came on and off for about a week/2 weeks
2 weeks after, developed bumps on tongue, swollen lymph node (went away after about 2 days)
3 weeks after, bumps progressed to white fuzziness on tongue.
Now 6 weeks later, I am feeling sick again, (general malaise, slight sore throat, chills) with a vaginal bump that is itchy on and off

Could this be ARS?

I went to a dermatologist for my tongue, he said it was not oral thrush but a furry tongue, possibly geographic tongue but couldn't be 100 percent sure.

I have spoken to the partner that I had the encounter with throughout the whole experience. He swears to me that he has gotten tested since our encounter and is negative. I will not believe him until he provides proof. I know this could be a higher risk incident because of his origin. Although, I went on the WHO website for where he is from (Eretria) and their incidence of HIV per capita in the population is almost identical to that of the US. My other question is, could this possibly be herpes even though I tested negative? When I had the herpes test last, I no longer had the itchy/burning bump on my vulva. I am going to get tested again. I have been very panicked and worried. This has consumed my entire existence for the past 6 weeks.  
You can obtain your conclusive negative test result 3 months post exposure.  
Your profile says you are male.
What do you mean by your comment? Please elaborate.
Nothing to elaborate on.
You post exposure- do you assume he's positive? Also negative test result- do you think I'm negative?
Your 3 month post exposure test will tell you.