HIV Prevention Community
HIV test and Symptoms

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

HIV test and Symptoms

Hi everyone
Best wishes for all and sorry for my poor English.
I had a Hiv test a few days ago. It came out negative. The test is Hiv AG/Ab. What does that mean? I finished my PEP course and had that test 13 days Post pep (43 days after exposures).  And my question is how reliable is that test? Can PEP affect Ag/Ab test at 43 after exposure and 13 days after last dose of PEP?
Recently I had a lots of symptoms like HIV such as swollen lymph nodes all over my body, sore throat, weight lost, joint aches. Did I get HIV ?? Please help. I am in terrible stress now.
Thankfully.
If you took PEP the testing guideline is 3 months after your last dose of PEP not 13 days.
Can you please explain to me ­hat is Ab/ag test. Is that 4th generation elisa or 3rd?. I've read a thread from the body.com. Doctor said PEP doesnt affect antibodies production is that true?