HIV Prevention Community
Hiv transmission, oral with burnt mouth

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Hiv transmission, oral with burnt mouth

Hi.
My partner is HIV positive and I am negative. We choose to perform oral sex and accept the risk involved.  We are usually pretty careful about making sure we are as safe as possible, but the other night we were drunk and had oral after eating some hot pizza.  Because we were drunk I didn't notice that I had burned the roof of my mouth.  The burn happened a few hours before our oral sex.  I am just curious if this may have put me at higher risk.  Do these type of burns heal over enough to block transmission in2 or 3 hours?
No it should not increase your risk, perhaps you should consider condoms from time to time?!
We always use condoms for anal sex.  Together with our hiv counselor we decided oral sex without condoms and without ejaculation was low risk enough for us.  We have been together for 14 years, 8 of which being a magnetic couple (one positive, one negative).  So far oral sex without condoms has not led to any infections. I had just always been careful not to perform oral if any abrasions were present.  This is the first time, so I was just curious.  
Oral sex is not a risk of contracting HIV.
Oral sex is a zero risk activity for Hiv transmission and i think you and your partner are the perfect example of this as there has been no transmission in many years of unprotected oral sex between the 2 of you.
Thanks! yeah, I knew it was safe for the most part.  Just wasn't sure about my stupid pizza burn lol.  We are both pretty meticulously careful about stuff like that. Good to know we can relax a bit. Thank you.
I had oral sex with a random guy and im not too sure if he came in my mouth. I pulled away and i saw cum on my hand but wasnt sure if he started to come in my mouth. At this point i didnt have any cuts or anything in my mouth. About 15, 20 minutes later I had hot food that burnt my palate and I'm questioning myself If I have HIV... considering im not sure of this guys status. Can anyone bring light to my confusion if I have HIV or not?
"As far as HIV is concerned, there is no known risk of getting HIV from performing oral sex on an infected partner, even if that person's genital secretions get into your eyes or if you swallow." Dr.Hook