HIV Prevention Community
Locating duo or P24 antigen clinics in Japan

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Dear Doctors,

3 weeks ago I had vaginal sex in China with a Scandinavian woman staying in a hostel I was staying in. We were both drunk. I used a condom but the condom slipped and after a few thrusts I realized the condom was off. I immediately put another one on and continued. After sex We noticed that she was bleeding a little (early menstral cycle?). I asked her had she ever been tested and she said yes. We were both concerned. I, because of the blood and her because of the condom slippage.

To gIve you some backround. I am a very neurotic person to begin with. Easily stressed out. My stress level right now has never been higher. So, immediately after the sexual encounter with said woman I googled HIV and found out about seroconversion. One of the symtoms (symptoms) of seroconversion is joint pain. So a few days later I started getting joint pain (real or imagined). Then at around the 2 week mark after a hard night of partying I started having slight pains in the joints of my knees, knuckles, toes, ankles, wrists and neck. Not debilitating or even inhibiting, but definitely noticeable tiny "pains" that come and go and this is currently ongoing (I have never felt like this before). Besides that I have had no other seroconversion symtoms (symptoms). But my neuroticism has me going crazy.

Now I am in Japan and because of all of the above I want and need to take a P24 antigen test at the 30 day mark (just over 1 week from now). I can find antibody tests everywhere in Japan, but have not been able to locate a single, clinic or hospital that will do the P24, duo, or 4th gen tests. My question is can anyone help me locate a clinic in the Tokyo, Kyoto, or Nagoya areas that will provide this service. For my Sanity. (please provide phone number and address of place if possible). Side note: what do you think about the joint pain

- American male
what do you mean about the condom being off?  was it hanging from her?
The condom was inside her vagina and not on my penis.
anything lizzie?
have no way of directing you to a duo test in japan.

if you find a location...please know that you must follow up a duo at 3 months for a conclusive result.