HIV Prevention Community
Not sure about what I have been told..anxiety ridden and needing help!

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

After a difficult and symptomatic three months (fever and chills, white fuzz on my toungue, floaters, rash, sholder pain) after engaging in an unprotected sexual act,with someone now rummoured to be on anti retrovirals - I tested negative through the 20 min blood drop test that was administered at a clinic.I am worried that the nurse said I need to continue to test for at least a year because of the nature of the HIV subtype C ,which can remain undetected for even up to years....My anxiety is at an all time high and I battling with my thoughts...could this be true?
3 months post exposure is when you can test and receive your conclusive test result.