Oraquick at home mouth swab question
Hello everyone. Thanks for taking time to read this and respond. I don't want to go into detail about my encounter, as it was YEARS ago, i'm talking about 8.5 years ago, going on 9 years. I am a 27 year old female and that exposure almost 9 years ago was unprotected vaginal, no ejaculation, and I gave oral to him (I know, not a risk I guess). Anyways, never had the nerve to test. Yes I had some symptoms back then, not fever, but a few other non-specific symptoms, no need to divulge, as I have seen many postings focused on symptoms and I know not always important as compared to your risk. So finally yesterday I got up the nerve to take a test. I went to a local Giant Eagle and bought the Oraquick at home kit mouth swab test, I did the test myself at home. One line, negative, although it was faint, but definetly only one line, I called the number on the box for a 24 hour hotline and they said even if it was faint, it worked and it is negative. ( FYI: I took two of these Oraquick mouth swabs this weekend, just to ease my mind a bit, and both had the same negative results).
Anyways, my question is:   I have read a few things here and there that said antibody production may stop in late stages of infection, in other words, there may not be antibodies present in later stages of infection due to decreased immunity and therefore may not show up positive on an antibody test, ultimately may receive a negative result when in fact you may be positive.  Would the fact that I didn't test until this many years later affect my results of the Oraquick I took at home? Could I have gotten a false negative if by chance I have had the disease this long and I am no longer making antibodies?
Ughhh, so sorry for this long forum. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!  
any advice please would be greatly appreciated!!!
trust your results...they are reliable, accurate, and conclusive.

you dont have hiv
Do you know what I mean by the whole antibody thing-being years later? I guess that would make sense if you were into an AIDS end stage diagnosis, to not have antibodies. I just didn't know if anyone had any information on that? The thing I see the most is making sure to test once you are out of the 3 month window period, which I obviously am way past the window period...but like I said saw a few areas that said it may not pick up results when in later stages of infection....which was kind of scary and disconcerning in a way....

Anyways thank you Lizzie for taking the time to read my concerns and replying to my post. I do appreciate it and I do feel somewhat better.
You will always have detectable antibodies 3 months after an exposure,they will always be present so the fact that you tested negative twice is proof that you don't have HIV.
Ohhh ok thanks RainLover. My bad for looking on the internet, although this site seems very helpful. All that conflicting info, and seeing that if you had the infection a long time may cause false negatives due to lack of antibodies because of severly damanged immune systems, scared me because I never tested until 8.5 years after exposure. Thanks for your reply, gave me great reassurance :)
You will always get conflicting information on the internet but not concern yourself with this,you need to accept the facts and move on with those negative--conclusive results--all the best.