HIV Prevention Community
Orasure question

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Orasure question

Hey all, I've gotten life insurance from american income, and I believe they tested me for hiv but am unsure. The man told me the test was for tobacco (perhaps so as not to scare me?) but I quickly noted the packaging clearly stated hiv testing. Plus, he gave me a pamplet all about hiv and orasure testing. No hiv test consent form was signed, though all the medical information waiver forms were signed. The test was not one that was sent to a lab, results were given there during the interview, I suppose within a half hour. They in no way negatively effected my acceptance so I am assuming they were negative. Do you think this was in fact an hiv test? Or a tobacco? Or even both? And is it a policy to undergo hiv testing whilst signing up for life insurance? The testing was 3 months and a week after my potential exposure, conclusive results? Any feedback is very helpful and appreciated. Thank you.
sorry...we werent there so we are not sure what kind of test you had.  sounds like it could have been a hiv test based on what you stated.

a negative result at 3 months would be conclusive.
    Thank you Lizzie. All the reading he had given me were in regards to orasure referred to it as a method of hiv testing, just throws me off that he labeled it as tobacco use testing. I did read that orasure can also be used as tobacco testing. Just confused is all.
Had you been given an HIV test you would have been advised.