HIV Prevention Community
Please answer thanks.....

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Please answer thanks.....

I just sat down at my lunch table in my office. When I bit down into my sandwich that I got from the from the deli I heard something pop. It was my veeneer it cracked, and at first I thought it was something from the sandwich so I spit it out and it bounced off the table and onto the floor. A minute later I realized it was not something from the sandwich but it was the veeneer. So I picked it up off the floor and went across the hall to my dentist who luckily is right across from my office. When I got into the office I handed the veeneer to the dentist in a tissue that the nurse gave me. When I was called back the dentist said he would be able to put the veeneer back on. He gave me some mouth wash and then began to fix me. So here is my question. Say somehow HIV infected blood or whatever got onto my hands from the floor and then on the veeneer or if for some reason there was blood on the sandwich and it got on the cracked tooth in my mouth is there any risk?  I told the dentist it had fallen on the floor and he said he disinfected it before putting it on and he also sprayed a bunch of stuff on the actual tooth  in my mouth. Is there any risk from this? I know it may seem silly but just concerned if blood could somehow be absorbed by the tooth or gum if it somehow is trapped between the veeneer and tooth after it was reconnected.
IMPOSSIBLE.  

This is an irrational worry.  You had NO risk.
thanks