HIV Prevention Community
Possibility of hiv .... Have I definately Contracted Hiv

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

I understand these are just statistics but what are the chances of contracting HIV from one 20mimute insertive vaginal sex with a female sex worker ? I am circumcised and also if possible could you provide me with the odds if her status is unknown and stats of if she is HIV +? I know a test is the only means of knowing and that there are numerous variables such as viral load and other stds but on average what are the odds ? Also I suspect I had a small tear on penis during intercourse .... I am extremely worried and statistics and reassurance would be of great help thank you
Any one please ?
it was unprotected that is why i am extremely worried and depressed
Thank you very much ....do the chances rise significantly if i have hiv symptoms which i think i do? and does it help that i am circumcised? Also i have had a duo antigen antibody test after 16 days which came out negative for all stds and hiv i know this is not conclusive but is this also a good sign?
any answer would  help?
angel20122 has his own question posted in the forum.

We don't discuss odds in this forum...odds are for the racetrack or the lotto,.  A risk is a risk.  One episode of vaginal sex is a fairly low risk, and transmission of HUV is much more diffiuclt from woman to man.,

That being said, we've already told you when to test.  You just need to test and be done with it.
Thanks for the information ... In regards to the duo antigen and antibody test that I done 16 days after exposure which came back negative For all stds is that a good indication? Is it true the majority of people who contract HIV sexually also contract other stds like chamidiya, gonhorea etc? Thank you
No.