HIV Prevention Community
Possible ARS and other symptoms

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Possible ARS and other symptoms

I had an encounter with escort 32 days ago.  She didn't have good skin all over her body.  She told me to lay on my stomach and started intensely scratching my head which I thought was strange.  I kept staying flaccid because I was feeling sort of guilty throughout the encounter.  She put the condom on with her mouth holding the tip as she rolled it down my penis while I was flaccid but I still couldn't get hard until she started to suck it with the condom on.  I was a little hesitant to do vaginal sex and she knew I didn't seem overly comfortable about it but she did it anyway. I wasn't completely hard and I didn't notice the condom slipping off in anyway.  I didn't finish in the condom so she pulled out and I was only semi hard and the condom seemed to be intact but had a crumpled look.  She took the condom off and used lotion to finish me off with a handjob.  I am not sure if I cleaned myself off with a clean towel.  

I had a severe flu and fever 6 days after the encounter which could've been spread from my sister during New Years.  My dad was also sick.  I had a sore throat about 8 or 9 days after the encounter.  They lasted for about a week at most.  I have been having low grade fever even now.

I didn't get any sort of penile symptoms until 3 weeks after the encounter.  I started to have a hot and sore feeling around the whole genital region.  I feel wet inside my urethra and have slight clear discharge after urination and maybe throughout the day.  I have been having constant bowel movements and diarrhea.  I developed a painful single very red spot on the area between my belly and pubic hair.  It is not where any hair grows so it can't be an ingrown hair or folliculitis.  This spot has gone away but my penile problems still linger.  I got tests done for HIV, syphilis, gonorrhea, and chlamydia.  The registered nurse told me I had a very risky encounter even with a condom because she was a prostitute.  She told me that latex condoms have a 5% defect rate.  I did see the condom being opened from the package but not sure what the condoms condition was.  I was given 1g Zithromax, ceftriaxone, and 2g of flagyl to treat possible chlamydia, gonorrhea, ngu, and trich.  I am still awaiting results.

1). How could I have developed these symptoms if I had a fully protected encounter?  From what it seems, I have ngu, urethritis, or chlamydia symptoms.

2). Is it possible that there was a hole or intentionally-made hole in the condom by her from a pin needle and could be causing my symptoms?

3).  If #1 or #2 are true,  I am highly afraid that I could have caught HIV from this encounter.  What is that likelihood, because I have what seems to be ARS symptoms within the time frame due to flu, sore throat, and fever.  I did have some kind of hives or rash on my pubes that lasted for a day.

4). Why was she so intensely scratching my hair while I was lying face down?  Was it to distract me while she secretly stuck me with a HIV or std infected needle or something similar?

5).  What is the cause of these bowel movements / gurgling stomach?  I never had this feeling before and had constant but painless diarrhea.

I am worried sick and I initially thought my symptoms were due to anxiety and guilt until I noticed clear discharge which can't necessarily happen through anxiety.  I have a girlfriend of 2 years and slept with a prostitute again just over a year ago which I checked myself for and was fine.  I made sure to take every precaution using condoms for everything but why am I feeling this way?  There is no real pain during urination but I have sore testicles, hot feeling around penis and genital area.  Sometimes the feeling on my penis is icy hot.  But why the discharge??  If it is chlamydia, I am gonna be worried sick that HIV could have come along with it since this forum states that it is rare for chlamydia to be caught through oral, even though the oral was protected anyway.  Which means most of you will say that I had a no risk encounter.  The whole encounter seemed very awkward and she seemed very weird throughout.  I asked her if she was clean and she said yea (which sounded like a lie) and said she uses condoms for everything.  I did not have any other risks.  I really need some answers.  Thank you.
At no time did you put yourself at risk of contracting HIV.
If a tiny hole was intentionally made in the condom and didn't break yet the hole may just have been there, isn't that a risk of being infected?
You can't put a small hole in a condom and oral sex isn't a risk of HIV transmission from oral sex with or without a condom.
It's impossible to put a pinholes in a condom?  The condom was very loosely fit since I was semi hard or flaccid the whole time.  It wasn't very stretched out so a tiny hole could've existed and not cause a rupture in the whole condom.  Even certain latex gloves have holes in them from manufacturer with no explainable reason, yet doesn't necessarily rip when worn or stretched out over the hand
That is incorrect. Don't confuse condoms and latex gloves. When you find a brand of condoms as thick as latex gloves, you tell me what brand they are.
Okay I agree with that.

So theoretically if there was a tiny hole in condom, it would rupture when worn over a flaccid or semi hard penis?
Condoms are by design, to fail catastrophically when they have been compromised.
Okay I think I'm starting to understand.  So if a pinhole was made while in package and one tried to put it on the penis, the condom would create a much bigger noticeable hole when putting it on (before any possible intercourse or oral happens, and while semi flaccid)?
Yes it would fail and again it wouldn't matter in your situation since you didn't have an exposure.
This may be unrelated to this exposure, but I was wondering.  Theoretically, what is the likelihood of an HIV exposure if a penis head rubbed against the vagina lips due to a body to body rub with vaginal fluid possibly touching the penis head
Zero.

HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug users
Mother to child
I am mostly posting on this forum for good luck since 99.9% of posters usually have nothing wrong with them related to HIV.  I hope I'm the 99.9%!

Thanks Teak.