HIV Prevention Community
Protected sex with a woman in Bangkok. Should i go for a test?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Dear dr,it has been a week since my last encounter with a sex worker in Bangkok. i was so curious as what a soapy massage has to offer.So as to satisfy my curiosity i went to the place which provided such service. when we went in,we had a bath together followed by her rubbing her body all over me while we were covered in soap. after that we proceeded to the bed where she performed oral sex and vaginal intercourse. Everything was protected as she applied a condom before everything.i ejaculated in the condom and did not notice any tear in that particular condom. i am now constantly thinking whether i should go for a test and it has been haunting me on whether i have contracted HIV from that one encounter. that was my first time doing it and i am adamant that it would be my last because of all the stress that it has cause me now thinking about that incident. what do you recommend me to do and what is the risk of me contracting such diseases? all of your comments will be greatly appreciated, looking forward to your reply.