HIV Prevention Community
Rapid test Vs. ELISA

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Rapid test Vs. ELISA

hi,

I had a repid test 7 weeks post expousre . and the company of this rapid test is FDA Approved , it is located in china and distrubuted in all the world .

what is the diff. between Rapid test and elisa test?

Do I need to do my other test using ELISA or it is ok to be with the rapid test ?

Avatar n tn
any help
Avatar n tn
I am not an expert on this, but if it's FDA approved then it should be okay. I also remember someone saying that after 6 weeks the reliability of the different antibody tests is more or less the same.

Rapid test is as conclusive as ELIZA test but 7 weeks is not conclusive if your exposure is risky.

7 weeks test is 90% accurate but a 13 week test is conclusive..

K
Avatar n tn
My risk was protected Vaginal intercoures and I had test today which was 8weeks and it is negative also.

I am worried just coz this is my 1st time doing this and coz I feel guilty to cheat on my wife.

I Will never do this again.
You never had a risk. You had protected sex.
my question is. The elisa antibody test is same in all around world ?specially in saudi. I tested after 3 moths 12 days after mistake it came negative. How reliable this test for me? Because i scared to thinking that in saudi uses reliable elisa test or it is not 4 generation. (i didnt check which generation elisa they used )thank you
You are cnclusively negative.
thank you. Teak. I felt good but bit worry about their elisa test. Don't know they used latest method or not.  i tested at one policlinic and one at normal hospital.now i'm thinking to go re test after complate 6 months. Coz i asked at that policlinic they just said come after 6 months if you wanna test again.(nothing more than these ) dear teak what you suggeste me to do ?sorry for bothering it my last question