HIV Prevention Community
Rash and HIV (in distress)

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Rash and HIV (in distress)

Hi doctors,

3 months ago or I received an unprotected blowjob from a sex worker (if I recall she also touched my penis after fingering her self) and a protective vaginal sex (condom did not brake). A day after I experienced frequent urination which I still have. All urine test, gonorrhea and chlamydia were negative.

However, a week or so after this sad encounter I had a skin rash (small pimples) on my body (chest, arms) in some of them there was some liquid and it was itchy. I did not feel any other symptoms. the rash went away by itself after maybe 5 days. Could have I only got a rash only as a symptom? is this the HIV rash? it should be noted that I got this rash after going to the beach.

2 months after this encounter i did an ELISA 3rd generation test which was negative. is this a good sign? meaning that the rash is not HIV related?

Could I have gotten this Frequent urination from the blowjob? is it an NGU? the urologist gave me Ciprobay antibiotics.

Many Thanks you for your help.

Oral sex is not a risk of HIV transmission.
thank you for your reply. it is not a risk even if some vaginal liquid is brought on the penis through her hands?

I currently have a temperature of 37.3 celcius and the frequent urination. can the fever be related to the HIV?
No.
Just to be a little reassured. HIV symtoms (symptoms) occure between 2 to 4 weeks or else they don't?

If l feel like I had a symptom that relates to HIV in the first two weeks, and after 8 weeks I am negative on an ELISA 3rd generation test, this means that the symptom was not related? in other terms if there r symptoms a test should be positive?

Just one last question which test is the most accurate after 3 months?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH
What is correct, is that you never had an exposure, never had ARS and there was no need for any HIV testing. Your symptoms have nothing to do with HIV.

I am worried as on your website it says that there is a minor risk for HIV transmission true oral sex. in the 16 myth about HIV.

1 - Just to have some peace of mind please clarify that if someone experiences any symproms this means that an ELISA 3rd generation test should detect an HIV infection.

2- is a PCR or P24 better after 3 months? and can I consider these results as definitive?

3-Can someone experience symptoms after 10 weeks?

Many thanks for your support and patience.

* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
I did an MEIA antigen/antibody test at 12 weeks and 5 days - NEGATIF :) is this this type of Test conclusive like the ELISA? it is for HIV 1 and 2 ?

thanks